Helping PayPal Fuel The People Powered Economy
July 15, 2014 | By David Lyndon |
Research conducted for PayPal highlighted the desires of everyday people in 15 countries to find easier and simpler ways to pay, sell and send their money around the world. Key differences in online shopping security, time wasting aggravations and mobile payment acceptance were notable across different nations.
As well as being used by PayPal to inform their People Powered Economy campaign, the results of the far-reaching research were quickly picked up by an international variety of media outlets. The PayPal press release can be found on the PayPal website.
A fuller explanation of why PayPal conducted this research, and what they expect of the results can be found at PayPal’s People Economy website. This article includes two infographics based on the study.
On July 7th 2014 Paypal released the results of research that was conducted April 29th to May 20th, 2014 by Reputation Leaders, an independent research firm, among 15,105 adult banked consumers aged 18 to 64 in 15 major markets. Interviews were conducted by RDD phone interviews in the US, and by online survey in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Turkey, and the UK. Respondents were balanced by quotas in each country to ensure the sample mix was representative of national adult populations by age and gender. Key findings show both universal beliefs that transcend boundaries, and country-level differences. The margin of error for the total sample of 15,105 adults is 0.8% at the 95 percent level of confidence. In each country of 1,000 adults interviewed, the margin of error is +/-1.3% at the 95 percent level.
Below we have included a sample of some of the media outlets that referenced this survey.
French Language Articles
Russian Language Articles
English Language Articles
- Consumers Want More From Mobile Payments | Mobile Commerce Press | July 10, 2014
- Report: Security fears holding back mobile payments | Retail Dive | July 8, 2014
- PayPal study suggests Canadians ready to embrace mobile | Hardware Merchandising | July 9, 2014
- 24% Never Leave the House without Smartphone| Media Post | July 8, 2014
- One in two shoppers have bought on mobile | Strategy | July 10, 2014
- Time, Money and Tech: Global PayPal Study Reveals Canadians Ready to Embrace Mobile | Market Watch | July 7, 2014
- PayPal report cites security fears as annoyance in mobile payments | Mobile Commerce Daily | July 8, 2014
- Consumers Want More From Mobile Payments | Pymnts | July 8, 2014
- PayPal survey cites security concerns in resistance to mobile payments | Youtube | July 7, 2014